Dr Ariadna Matamoros-Fernández elected member of the AoIR executive committee
Author Kathy Nickels
Date 5 May 2023
The AoiR is an academic association dedicated to the advancement of the cross-disciplinary field of Internet studies.
It is a member-based support network that promotes critical and scholarly Internet research independent from traditional disciplines and exists across academic borders.
The AoIR Committee includes:
- President (elected as Vice President in the 2021 Election): Nicholas John, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
- Vice President (becomes President in two years): Sarah Roberts, UCLA, USA
- Immediate Past President (elected as Vice President in the 2019 Election): Tama Leaver, Curtain University, Perth, WA Australia
- Secretary: Gabriel Pereira, London School of Economics and Political Science, UK
- Treasurer: Sam Srauy, Oakland University Michigan, USA
- Graduate Student Representative: Tom Divon, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
- Open Seats: 1) Sophie Bishop, Sheffield University, UK; 2) Ariadna Matamoros-Fernandez, Queensland University of Technology, Australia; 3) Job Mwaura, University of Cape Town, South Africa
The new Executive Committee will officially take office in October at the Association General Meeting.